This is a super easy, super tasty one pot curry that is easily adaptable to what you have in your fridge or cupboards. This makes a great side dish or I like to have it as a main. If you are trying to keep the carbs to a minimum then swap out the potato for mushrooms (1 box). I have included fresh spinach in this version but this is optional, cubed peppers or courgette would also work well.
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 Cauliflower cut into florets
2 Large potatoes cubed
2 Cups fesh chopped spinach (or 2 cubes frozen)
1 Large chopped onion
thumb size piece grated ginger
3 garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
1 small fresh chilli or chilli flakes
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garam masala (or curry powder)
1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
juice from 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat the oil and add in onions and potatoes, leave to soften for a couple of minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic, turmeric and garam masala, stir and leave to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chilli, lemon juice and sugar
- Add the cauliflower and the spinach
- Leave to simmer until the potatoes have softened and season to taste
This is great served with rice or naan bread and dressed with chopped coriander or a dollop of plain yoghurt
By Coach Alison